StrataFrame Forum

Having trouble staying logged in, in FireFox

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic10160.aspx

By Ben Hayat - 7/10/2007

I use FireFox 2.x and recently, the forum keeps logging me out as I go from one section to another. I can't even post a message, becuse it logs me out.

This problem has just started recently and I don't know why!

Thanks!

By Trent L. Taylor - 7/10/2007

Me neither Smile  We can try resetting the forum server later to see if it helps.
By Ben Hayat - 7/10/2007

Trent L. Taylor (07/10/2007)
Me neither Smile  We can try resetting the forum server later to see if it helps.

Thanks!

By Greg McGuffey - 7/10/2007

I use FireFox 2.x exclusively and I've had no problems....at least not yet!

Yeah, I can't reproduce it on this side either.  I am not sure what the problem is.
By Keith Chisarik - 7/10/2007

Firefox 2.x user as well.... no issues
By Ben Hayat - 7/10/2007

Here is strage part. There is another forum that I read materials (related to Expression products)

http://forums.learnexpression.com/

And uses the same program and it "remembers" me the next time or when I go from one section to another. But somehow, the SF forum, keep loosing my identity between folders as well.

I haven't done anything about cookies, and still no luck!

By Ben Hayat - 7/10/2007

Ah, found the problem and solved it.

As I said before, I use the other forum to read stuff. Guess what, they both use the same cookie and since I had been to the other forum, the SF forum gets the data from that cookie, which is different than here, so it keeps kicking me out. I reset the cookie and I'm back in business. I guess I'm forbidden to go to the other one now.Smile

They must use InstantForum as well.  We have an internal forum that we use with our employees and I always have to manually re-login on that forum.  Since I spend more time here, I choose for it to remember this forum versus the other one.
By Ben Hayat - 7/10/2007

I always have to manually re-login on that forum

That's what was happening. After resetting the cookie, I plan not to go to the other site with FireFox. Seems like "Instant Forum" uses two different cookies for IE and FireFox.

I hadn't tried that....thanks for the tip Smile That is what I will do here in house!