StrataFrame Forum

DataBinding and AJAX

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic18524.aspx

By Chan - 8/17/2008

Hi,

I have inherited DevExpress AspxTextBox to implement IWebBusinessBindable. I drop it on web page, and call AspxCallBackPanel callback when user click on AspxGridView row. I found that, in AspxCallBackPanel.Callback event, once I navigate record, the value which originally shown in Textbox (readonly) will be updated back to BO.

How to prevent this?

Thank you
By Trent L. Taylor - 8/18/2008

Well, this can become a length topic in and of itself.  The first thing that I would recommend is opening the source and look at how the IWebBBS interface is applied to our SF textbox.  This would be the easiest way to go at it versus having a training session here on the forum.  The web is different the WinForms UI (as I know you get this) as there is no two-way data-binding by default (which is why you are having this issue).  You have to create your own two-way data binding so that the value of the bound object is updated after the textbox values have changed.  And again, the best example that I can point you here would be the SF source code.
By Chan - 8/18/2008

Hi,

In fact, I created my own textbox by subclassing DevExpress textbox by "converting" SF code. Beside, I tried to place SF textbox under CallBackUpdatePanel and the same behavour happen. Please advice.

Thank you
By Trent L. Taylor - 8/19/2008

Well I don't really know what to tell you.  This is more of a training exercise and is more related to standard ASP.NET development versus SF.  Without doing this for you, I cannot give you a straight answer to your problem.  Right now I am totally swamped and I don't have to time to look at custom controls and figure out the areas where it is failing...this is more a training and consulting type of question.  We have a lot of people out of the office and on vacation plus we are trying to hit deadlines...so I know that we generally would just ask you to post a sample and we would look at this but since this is really not SF related, I just don't have the additional time to look at this right now.

You are still welcome to post a sample of your problem, and when we do have some extra time to look at this (will not be for a week or two) then we will try and take a look to see where your issue might be.

By Chan - 8/26/2008

Hi,

Anyone can suggest where could I get more info on this? Any sample project?

Thank you