StrataFrame Forum

Missing Method Exception

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic19838.aspx

By Douglas Riley - 10/1/2008

When I install my application on a client machine and attempt to run the program, I receive an error message:

Method Not Found: "Void MicroFour.StratFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.set_ConnectionFolderDataFolder(system,string)"

I am setting the ConnectionDataFolder location in the Program.cs file to my executable's directory just before calling the SetConnections method.  Of course everything works fine on the development machine.  Am I missing a reference or step in using the ConnectionDataFolder property?

Any help would be great!  Thanks!

Doug

It's always good to walk away from a problem for awhile! I found the test machine I was installing on had MicroFour assembies already in the GAC (from the previous version).  Once I removed them, the app worked fine.  I plan on writing a pre-loader installation batch file to clear any MicroFour GAC assemblies before installing.  Anyone have any better approaches/suggestions/past experiences?  Thanks!

Doug

By Trent L. Taylor - 10/1/2008

Our installation always clears the GAC using prefixes so if any older assemblies are out there they get cleaned up prior to installing any new assemblies...this is always a good and safe approach.

Thanks Trent!