StrataFrame Forum

Changing Filename on Database originally imported into DDT

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic26027.aspx

By Charles R Hankey - 2/14/2010

I imported SQL Database Membership into DDT in a project called PDSM.NET

I changed the database name to PDSM and made a lot of changes to the schema.

This will never be used to maintain the shema of Membership but is entirely for creating a new database PDSM on a server.

I have deleted all the change history. I can deploy the database to the server as PDSM but the logical filename and the MDF are still Membership_Data.mdf.

How do I clean this out once and for all so the MDF file will be PDSM_data.MDF on deployment ?

TIA

By Trent L. Taylor - 2/14/2010

Well, when you import a database from an actual deployed instance, it is going to bring in the file name assigned.  So just open up the file names in the profile and implement the $DbName$ wildcard so that anywhere that you add that wildcard, the name of the database will be used upon deployment.  This would be my primary suggestion here.
By Charles R Hankey - 2/14/2010

Hey, not difficult. Poked around a bit in the Stratafame database. In the DBEDataFiles table the fil_name field for that project just needs to be changed from the hard-coded Membership_Data to the $DBName$ token.

Really really like the DDT.

By Trent L. Taylor - 2/14/2010

OK...question....do you just LIVE at your computer? BigGrin  Oh wait, I just responded to your post Hehe
By Charles R Hankey - 2/15/2010

Actually I live in my computer. Serialized myself into a byte array ...

Pretty impressive support though when on a Sunday you answer a question a guy who is talking to himself asks while he is answering himself. Tongue

By Trent L. Taylor - 2/15/2010

Hey, that's pretty impressive, and would be a good trick to learn.  I imagine it would be easier for me to shave off a few pounds that way (just drop a byte or two)! BigGrin