StrataFrame Forum

Problem installing version 1.7.3.0

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic28112.aspx

By Jiri Brazda - 8/25/2010

Hi,

During installation there were multiple warnings in the application log like this one:

EventID:1

Source:Visual Studio - VsTemplate

Error in Template (c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\Web\CSharp\1033\CRWebSite.zip), file (CrystalReportsWebSite.vstemplate). Unknown element (EnableEditOfLocationField). Parsing will attempt to recover.

The second (and the fatal one) is that during Phase 2 of setup it always stops on "Build StrataFrame Databases" with and error: "An error occurred while deploying the meta-data to the server."

Howevere there is no more info, I cannot find any log file, no more information in application log. Restart of SQL server and then the machine didn't help.

Please help

Thanks

Jiri Brazda
By Ivan George Borges - 8/25/2010

Hi Jiri.

Have you tried moving that dialog away? I have experienced sometimes that there were a error message right behind it, and I thought it had hanged.

By Jiri Brazda - 8/25/2010

Hi Ivan,

for the first time I have run installation when I have left home, so this dialog was present for whole the night... nothing has hapenned. I would like to know whether there is some installation log that I would be able to examine or put here for analysis...

Jiri
By Ivan George Borges - 8/26/2010

The log file should be at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame".
By Ivan George Borges - 8/30/2010

Hi again.

We found an issue when the install was running against a SQL Server 2005. Is this your case? If so, upgrading into SQL Server 2008 would get you moving. Nevertheless, it is being corrected right now.

By Jiri Brazda - 8/31/2010

Hi Ivan,

Yes, I'm still using SQL 2005. I will upgrade to SQL2008 ASAP.

The version 1.7.3.1 works fine even on SQL 2005 - thank You for Your help!

Regards

Jiri
By Ivan George Borges - 8/31/2010

You're welcome, Jiri. Wink