StrataFrame Forum

ThemedGroupBox Header height problem with docked control

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic29034.aspx

By Edhy Rijo - 11/18/2010

Hi guys,

When you dock a control like ThemedMenuStrip or any other one in the ThemedGroupBox, the Title region is covered by the docked control.  See attached image.

http://forum.strataframe.net/Uploads/Images/1a1412d3-aba3-4f84-af20-be12.png

To reproduce do the following:
  1. Drop a ThemedGroupBox in a form
  2. Drop a ThemedMenuStrip and dock it to the Top.
  3. Drop any other control.
By Ivan George Borges - 11/18/2010

Yep, I get the same. In these cases, I usually don't dock them, and position them by hand.

By Edhy Rijo - 11/19/2010

Ivan George Borges (11/19/2010)
Yep, I get the same. In these cases, I usually don't dock them, and position them by hand.

Yes, that will work if you only have one ThemedBroupBox showing and dot not allow the form to maximize BigGrin

In my case I use the list views heavily and in some cases I even have 4 ThemedBroupBox, toolbar and listview combinations and do allow the forms to be maximized (not every user have large monitors yet Crying)

Since Trent love to work with all this graphics stuff I am sure it should be something easy to fix Hehe
By Ivan George Borges - 11/19/2010

Guess I didn't get the issue, then... won't it work if you Anchor them? For example, the ThemeMenuStrip would be set to Dock -> None and Ancho -> Top, Left and Right. The GroupBox itself could also be set to Anchor Top, Bottom, Left, Right. Once the form is maximized, things would follow the sizes, I guess...

But I will pass this on to Trent for him to put it on the list.
By Edhy Rijo - 11/19/2010

Ivan George Borges (11/19/2010)
Guess I didn't get the issue, then... won't it work if you Anchor them?

Nope, because when you dock the controls the anchor has no effect.  I think it may be a problem with the redraw or something along those lines that did not take into consideration docked controls.
By Ivan George Borges - 11/19/2010

Yep, and what I meant was to not dock them, only anchor them.