StrataFrame Forum

Activation stop error

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic29596.aspx

By Mehmet Kacar - 2/19/2011

Hi ,
I installed framework but when I try to activate it gives a stop error .
What me be the reason .
Firewall already closed.
I am currently installed visual studio 2010 and visual studio 2008 but when I try to activate or whated to use any part of the framwork it is asking for activation and then when I hit activate it just says activate stopped running.
thank you very much for your help.
By Trent L. Taylor - 2/21/2011

What is the error that you are receiving?  It is most likely that you are dealing with a firewall issue, but just to be sure, could you please post the error or stack trace that is being shown?  Thanks.
By Mehmet Kacar - 2/21/2011

Hi ,
My Firewall is allready disabled .
I am running the license  activation as administrator.
My operating system is windows 7 64 bit turkish.
After installation I am running license activation as administrator and it is giving the following error ;
Uploads/Images/5f12e6f2-641a-493a-aa5e-decb.jpg

Açıklama:
  Stopped working

Sorun imzası:
  Sorunlu Olay Adı:    CLR20r3
  Sorun İmzası 01:    activate.exe
  Sorun İmzası 02:    1.7.0.0
  Sorun İmzası 03:    4c7bd23f
  Sorun İmzası 04:    System.Data
  Sorun İmzası 05:    2.0.0.0
  Sorun İmzası 06:    4a275e65
  Sorun İmzası 07:    84e
  Sorun İmzası 08:    64
  Sorun İmzası 09:    System.ArgumentException
  OS Sürümü:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Yerel Kimlik:    1055

Çevrimiçi gizlilik bildirimimizi okuyun:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x041f

Çevrimiçi gizlilik bildirimi yoksa, lütfen çevrimdışı gizlilik bildirimimizi okuyun:
  C:\Windows\system32\tr-TR\erofflps.txt

By Trent L. Taylor - 2/21/2011

So you are never even seeing the dialog.  This is a .NET environment issue.  When this happens, it is generally one of several things:
  • .NET 2.0 is not installed on your local machine
  • Permissions are tightened down on the local machine preventing the assembly from running
  • Conflicting assemblies are installed that do not line up with the EXE assembly being launched
In the last case, have you installed any other StrataFrame versions prior to the most recent on this machine.  Also, do you have Visual Studio installed?  Not just the shell, but a development language such as C# / VB.NET?  I have seen this before as well where the VS IDE is installed, but no actual languages.  This can happen if you install something like SQL Server Management Studio on the machine but no development languages.

In a situation like this, it is just a matter of walking down the list and trying to pinpoint what it might be.

Hi again ,
When try to install .Net 2.0 64 bit version on windows 7 it says it is already installed as a part of the operating system.
On My laptop both visual studio 2008 and 2010 were already instlled .
On visual studio 2008 Menu  I can see the Menu Item Strate Frame .
But activation is impossible.
I am trying to run License activation as administrator.
No solution yet.
Thank you very much for your help.

Hi again ,
I also set uac to minimum , tried but no solution yet.
I am trying to try this software but I could not even make it work yet Sad

Thank you very much for your help .
Mehmet
By Trent L. Taylor - 2/22/2011

Why don't you just request a manual activation and lets get you going.  I have seen this a number of times and it is usually due to permissions or a proxy server.  Instead of fighting this, just send in a manual activation request and we can get you going and prove if that is the problem.