StrataFrame Forum

Error in PopulationDataSourceSettings

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic29871.aspx

By Ger Cannoll - 4/12/2011

I am getting an error when I click on the Ellipse in PopulationDataSourceSettings. This error is comong up for a new control, and for controls that have been working fine and were not changed. it means now I cannot either set up a new control with PopulationDataSourceSettings or amend an exisiting one...... any ideas ? (I have atached screenshot)
By Edhy Rijo - 4/12/2011

Hi Gerard,
I have not experienced that error before, but it looks like there is a problem with that editor reading your business object classes.  Probably you recently add a BO that may be causing this issue.  If that is the case, try deleting that BO for testing and also check if the name of the BO has any uncommon character of some sort.
By Ger Cannoll - 4/13/2011

Hi EdHy.

I wnet back to an 'Test' project that uses StratFrame test Database and I am getting the same error. Also, I loaded on a New SF TextBox and when I try to select a 'Binding Field' I get a 'Index was outside the bounds of the array'

I also recreated the Toolbox but get the same error

I dont know what to do at this stage as I am stuck and can't do anything.....My next step would be to deinstall and re-install StrataFrame but dont want to do this if I dont have to......
By Edhy Rijo - 4/13/2011

Gerard,
You may try reinstalling the .Net 2.0 Runtimes, I have seen SF functionality being trashed by other 3rd party tool like InstallAware and reinstalling the .Net 2.0 runtimes fixed the issue. Look in the forums about .Net 2.0 runtimes or InstallAware for related posts.                           
By Ger Cannoll - 4/14/2011

Hi Edhy

Do you mean Microsoft .Net framework 2 runtimes     and just Reinstall the whole framework ?

I have Ms Dot net framework 2, 3.5 and 4 installed on my machine
By Edhy Rijo - 4/14/2011

Yes, just the 2.0 runtime which is what SF uses.
By Ger Cannoll - 4/15/2011

Hi Edhy.

I reinstalled (Repaired) MS Dot Net Framework Ver 2 and it seems to have fixed the problem ok.

Don't know how a problem happend in the first place as I have'nt (knowlingly) installed any new software recently

Many thanks for your help.
By Edhy Rijo - 4/15/2011

Hi Gerard,

Glad it worked for you too.

Basically I have only seen this with an old installation from InstallAware setup which trashed the .Net 2.0 runtimes,  The way I look at this sort of problems is to try to find the common denominator and in this case all of your projects where failing, so the problem should have been at the SF framework level. 

Anyway, it is good to be back on business, so I know how you are feeling <smile!>