StrataFrame Forum

Error HRESULT E_FAIL and Index was outside the bounds of the array...

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic29909.aspx

By Ger Cannoll - 4/23/2011

This follows on from an earlier post but the erors are happening so frequentlt now it warrants a separate post.

When I go to amend a TextBox on a form , and specifically click on the fropDown Arrow to select the Bonding Filed from the list of Fields in a table,  it can inertmittently either be 1.OK     2.Get a HRESULT E_FAIL error   or   3. Get a Index was outside the bounds of the aaray.    If I manually type in the Filed name, I dont get an error and compile works fine.  I also get a series of error messages if I click on PopulationDataSource Settings on a Combo   , but for this thread easier to concentrate on the textBox errors.

I have done a complete Re-insatll of Visual Studio, Dot Net 2 and SFrame (at least twice) and although it appeared to be ok for a period of time, there does not seem to be any consistency.   This is extremelt frustrating as my whole development is at a standstill.  As faras I can see, these problems only seem to be a problem on controls that are related to Business Objects. (I have also recompiled all my Business Objects)

The following is an example of what has been happening:

10.30am
Go into Visual Studio.    Open up a Project.    Click on Proerties of a TextBox linked to a BO.   Click on the Down Arrow  ---> Error Hresult E_FAIL has been returned....
Closed down Visual Studio.  Went back Into Visual studio.   Recompiled ny Busimness Objects DLL.  Opend up My Form
When I try to amdn the textBox Binding Field ---> Index was outside the bounds of the array

10.50am
Go into Visual Studio.    Open up a Project.    Click on Proerties of a TextBox linked to a BO.   Click on the Down Arrow  ---> HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call....

Closed down Visual Studio.  Went back Into Visual studio.   Recompiled ny Busimness Objects DLL.  Opend up My Form
When I try to amend the textBox Binding Field ---> Everything OK

Closed down Visual Studio.  Went back Into Visual studio.   Opend up My Form
When I try to amend the textBox Binding Field ---> HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call....

Any ideas at what might be the root cause of this would be appreciated as I am at a complete standstill. I dont think reinsatlling Vis Studio, Dot Net, Sframe can be the answer as it took me half a day to do this (twice) and the problem has resurfaced again.
By Peter Jones - 4/24/2011

Hi,

I would try creating a new form with a new text box to see if that works as expected. If it does I would suspect the form is corrupt in some way. If practical, blow away the form and start over.

Cheers, Peter
By Ger Cannoll - 4/24/2011

Hi Peter.

I am fairly sure I have already tried that and it did not work.

Now this morning, when I go into Vis Studio, I dont have  aproblem and all is working fine.... but this is what has been happening.... I may have  aproblem later today and then it may go away !!