StrataFrame Forum

right side panel in browse dialog hidden on load

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic30100.aspx

By Govinda Berrio - 6/27/2011

Hello,

I think I might have found an issue.
I want to create a browse dialog with a large number of possible filters. So my solution was to setup the layout of the browse dialog with 2 vertical panels. The left side showing the filters (search fields), and the right side showing the results. But when the dialog comes up the right side panel is hidden. I have to click the Hide Results button to show it. After performing a search, the results also disappear.

I have a sample project that illustrates this, but I don't know where to upload it.

Please let me know if this is actually an issue or if the configuration is wrong.

Thank You,
Govinda
By Edhy Rijo - 6/27/2011

Govinda Berrio (6/27/2011)
I have a sample project that illustrates this, but I don't know where to upload it.

You can upload it to the forum using the "Attach File" link in the toolbar.
By Govinda Berrio - 6/28/2011

Thanks Edhy!

Here's the sample project that produces the issue I'm having.
The Datasource should point to a StataFrameSample database.

Govinda
By Edhy Rijo - 6/28/2011

Hi Govinda,

I tested your sample and confirm your findings.  Looks like this is a bug, I could not make it work by playing with the layout properties at run-time.

Hopefully the SF team can take a deeper look at this on the source code and come up with a workaround or a fix.
By Keith Chisarik - 1/4/2017

so this still bug exists. Any chance it will be fixed? or is there a workaround? I have the same exact issue as original poster 6 years ago.
By Keith Chisarik - 1/4/2017

works if you put results left Smile Which I can deal with
By StrataFrame Team - 1/4/2017

Good to know.  I was just starting to look at this.
By Edhy Rijo - 1/4/2017

Hi Keith,
Wow, glad you make it work.  I am not using the BrowseDialog for a long time, since I am using more and more DevExpress controls, I designed my own custom search with their grid which provides a lot of functionality out of the box for the end user to customize and filter the results.
By StrataFrame Team - 1/4/2017

Well, yep.  The True/False were completely swapped in the BrowseDialogWindow.ShowResultsPanel() method when the SidePanelContents were BrowseResults.  

Keith, do you build your own source, or do you need me to give you a build?
By Keith Chisarik - 1/17/2017

Sorry I missed your reply. Ill get the update in the next release. I made something work for now.

Thanks for fixing it.