StrataFrame Forum

Problem trying to set combo's AutoCompleteMode and AutoCompleteSource in Browse Dialog

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic30528.aspx

By Marcia G Akins - 11/3/2011

Hi all.

I think I found the method in the framework to set the combo boxes properties in the browse dialog to the above. However, these properties do not show up in IntelliSense when I try to set loCombo.AutoCompleteMode = System.Windows.Forms.AutoCompleteMode.Suggest and loCombo.AutoCompleteSource = System.Windows.Forms.AutoCompleteSource.ListItems. Am I trying to do this in the wrong place or are they hidden by default?

TIA

Marcia

By Edhy Rijo - 11/3/2011

Marcia G Akins (11/3/2011)
Am I trying to do this in the wrong place or are they hidden by default?

I have not seen the BD source code, but I know the controls are basically created on the fly, so you would not have access to their properties via code unless some sort of Reflection is used.

What I would like to see is a way where you could tell the BD the class of the controls to be used, that would allow us to create subclassed controls that the BD would end up using at runtime.
By Marcia G Akins - 11/3/2011

Edhy Rijo (11/3/2011)I have not seen the BD source code, but I know the controls are basically created on the fly, so you would not have access to their properties via code unless some sort of Reflection is used.

Really? I found this code in the CreateBOCombo() method in BrowseDialogwindow.vb:

loReturn = New MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ComboBox()

Typing loReturn. after this line of code causes IntelliSense to kick in with many properties and methods, just not the ones I am interested in. What's up with that?
By Edhy Rijo - 11/3/2011

Marcia G Akins (11/3/2011)

Really? I found this code in the CreateBOCombo() method in BrowseDialogwindow.vb:
loReturn = New MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ComboBox()
Typing loReturn. after this line of code causes IntelliSense to kick in with many properties and methods, just not the ones I am interested in. What's up with that?

Well, that is in the source code which means you will need to keep track of those changes before any SF update.
Also you cannot see the properties you want because their Modifiers are set by default to Friendly, if you can change it in the base class "MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ComboBox" to Public, then you will see them in any subclass.
By Marcia G Akins - 11/4/2011

Well, that is in the source code which means you will need to keep track of those changes before any SF update.
Also you cannot see the properties you want because their Modifiers are set by default to Friendly, if you can change it in the base class "MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ComboBox" to Public, then you will see them in any subclass.

Did I take my stupid pills today Smile ?

If I can see these properties in the property sheet when designing a form, why can't I see them when writing code in the BD?

Just curious and trying to learn something.