StrataFrame Forum

Infragistics Supprot

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic3386.aspx

By Michael Reese - 10/8/2006

Any updates on support for Infragistics controls?
By Trent L. Taylor - 10/19/2006

Michael,

I just noticed that this post never received an answer.  Just so you know, the Infragistics wrapper is going to be included in the 1.5.1 release which we are planning on releasing October 27, 2006.  There are some nice features in this wrapper and I thought you would like to know. Wink

By Ivan George Borges - 10/19/2006

This is great news!!!

I'm just waiting for the UltraGrid...

By StrataFrame Team - 10/20/2006

Just so you know, Ivan, we're not inheriting the UltraGrid, because you can tie directly to it using a business object and a business binding source.  However, we did inherit the UltraListView, and some 21 other controls... Smile
By Ivan George Borges - 10/20/2006

Oh, I see ...

I have an old grid in Fox that I thought it would be a champ when upgraded to UltraGrid, which has some amazing features.

Would you have a recommendation to advice me about where to go?

oooops, sorry ... you said I CAN tie ... I read it CAN'T ...

hauhuahuahuahuahuahaua

By Keith Chisarik - 10/20/2006

lol, Ivan is happy now!

My application is gonna look professional ...

... not sure if it will work, though. BigGrin

By Trent L. Taylor - 10/20/2006

I have complete faith that your app will run just perfect BigGrin
By Larry Caylor - 10/20/2006

Glad to hear that support for Infragistics is almost hereBigGrin. Are you basing it on NetAdvantage 2006 Vol 2?

-Larry

By Trent L. Taylor - 10/20/2006

Yes, it is based on the NetAdvantage 2006 Vol. 2
By Michael Reese - 10/20/2006

Hey Trent, that is awesome news!!!!

I my application is using Infragistics, and Active Reports 3.0.

I am still having challenges with the Ultragrid?

By Trent L. Taylor - 10/21/2006

What kind of challenges are you having?  We wnt through a pretty exhaustive test the other day with the UltraGrid and were really impressed with the speed of the UltraGrid over any of the other grids including the standard .NET GridView.  So far this is the fastest grid we have seen...and it works really well with the BusinessBindingSource.  If you are having a particular issue, let us know so we can test it while we have some of the testing environments setup.
By Michael Reese - 10/21/2006

Oh, yeah the grid is fast. I got it to work. However, I am having trouble reloading it after calling a childform to update the record.

I have a topic out there explaining my challenges.

By Trent L. Taylor - 10/21/2006

Great....I will check it out.
By Larry Caylor - 12/9/2006

Since it seems I’m usually posting question or issues I just wanted to say thanks for keeping on Infragistics to allow you to support their controls. I’ve started using them with StrataFrame and it’s a hugeBigGrin improvement over the limited feature set provided by the standard Microsoft controls.

-Larry

By Trent L. Taylor - 12/10/2006

Thanks...I am glad that this is working well for you!
By Michael Reese - 12/11/2006

Is there a way to incorporate infragistics version 2006 vol 3?
By Ivan George Borges - 12/12/2006

Hi Michael.

The following topic might help you:
http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic2340-7-1.aspx

Cheers.

By StrataFrame Team - 12/12/2006

Yep, Ivan is correct... you'll need to change the references in the source code and rebuild.  Only difference from the instructions in that other thread is that you'll want to change them in the MicroFour StrataFrame Infragistics Wrapper solution, not the MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited... but I'm sure you would have figured that one out pretty quickly Smile
By Michael Reese - 12/12/2006

Thanks guys
By StrataFrame Team - 12/13/2006

Not a problem... we'll be keeping the wrappers compiled on the latest or next to latest version of Infragistics and DevExpress, however, any time you have a different version that it was compiled on, you can just change the references in the source and rebuild.