IBusinessBindable, value is not saved unless lost focus

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Trent,

Trent L. Taylor (11/18/2011)
I can look into this some, but in truth, you are better off writing a custom control.  Custom controls seems to scare everyone, but if you will just stick it out and write one, you will be in control from that point forward.  You can implement all of your own logic, reduce overhead, and make it match the exact specs of your application.

I totally agree with you about custom control and in fact, a month ago I create my first one and it was just awesome, but in reality in this case, the DevExpress.XtraEditors.SearchLookupEdit is a very powerful and easy to implement control that allows my end user to search for any column in the internal lookup grid plus many other features that would be very hard for me to duplicate in a custom control so what made sense to me was to add this control to the Inherited project and try to make it work with the iBusinessBindable as the others do, but unfortunately I am missing something and end up creating properties in all forms using this control to manage the binding manually. 

This is such a nice and powerful control that was very well received by my end users that I want to incorporate it in many other projects, but managing the binding manually is a headache.  I hope you can take a look at it sometime.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...