Database Deploymen Toolkit Failing to change PK data type

Author
Donovan Sobrero
StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I tried to run the pkg you post and am still seeing errors that I am confused about. I have attached the log files. Please advise.

Attachments
DecToInt_IntegerPKs_results.txt (161 views, 13.00 KB)
DecToInt_results.txt (164 views, 12.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This issue has nothing to do with you decimal to integer stuff.  You have deletions in your Object Historh which is removing file groups and/or databases which is causing the issue.  In the DDT, we keep up with a history of the deletions and renames.  So if you deleted a file group, database, table, or renamed a field and then named it back, you can run into this type of error.  Check the Object Name History and remove anything that is not supposed to be there.

In the next update, the DDT is going to have a checking mechanism to warn you about this type of thing since so many people have a hard time with this.  It is a required component as it allows structures to be updated from version 1 to 3 in a single step withou having to load multiple updates sequentially.  But this is one of those side effects.

Also, be sure to get the most recent version of 1.6.5 as there were quite a few enhancements made to it the other day (there will be more in the next update as well). http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost14258.aspx

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
heh, I cant count the number of times I forgot to check that since is usually happens months apart when designing new databases.

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Yeah, it happened to me the other day too...so we are going to add a warning when you build giving you a heads up!
Donovan Sobrero
Donovan Sobrero
StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

How do I do this:

So if you deleted a file group, database, table, or renamed a field and then named it back, you can run into this type of error.  Check the Object Name History and remove anything that is not supposed to be there.

Cheers

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
First, download the latest 1.6.5 beta, it will tell you where all of your problems are if they exist (http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost14525.aspx).  When you build your package, it now perform a check and show you if there are object name history items that could "hurt" you Smile.  If so, simply go to the Object Name History node in the profile treeview and select the items in the list (on the right).  Then right-click the items and delete them...be sure not to clear the history altogether if this is not what you need.  Delete them one at a time in this case.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...