Synch ListView Control

Author
Mike Tomlin
StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Soon? Smile
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, I could give it to you today but it doesn't have any docs, samples, etc.  So it would then require me to stop all other forward motion, such as some of the enhancement requests that have come up lately.  So it is all about priorities. Wink

I will be posting a beta build in the Posted Releases section later today that will have some new features that people have been waiting for, including this list, but I will not be posting any docs or samples along with the build.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
You can get the build that has this functionality here: http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost15687.aspx
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
LOL, I tried to use the new properties on the Listview just yesterday and they didn't work. Now I know why! BigGrin New build looks very nice.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Trent,

I installed the beta 1.6.5.1 and noticed that in the About window all dll are showing version 1.6.5.0 except for the .exe files, is this correct?

Please take a look at this image.

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
No.  The files in your Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame folder did not get updated.  Here is a screen shot from one of our test machines, so I know that the install is working correctly (it at least contains the proper versions).

FYI...this is a screen shot from a 64-bit test machine since I am farily confident that you are on a 64-bit machine.  It is important that you were not in VS while installing, let the install finish, and then go back in as there were changes to the Extensibility assemblies to account for 64-bit machines.  Otherwise if could be reporting wrong.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
These are the steps I used in the update:
  1. Close all instance of VS.
  2. Ran StrataFrameSetup.exe
    • This removed previous version which was installed in drive C:
    • I skipped the Database Installation since that was previously updated.
  3. Installation completed without any issues.

The setup put the updated libraries in this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame

For some reason the About form is looking at:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame

which had the old version of the libraries.

I will uninstall SF completely and make sure there is nothing else in these locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame

C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame

Then I will install it again and see what happen.  Will do that now....Hehe

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Vista 64bits Installation steps:

• Accepted Installation suggested forlder: C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroFour\StrataFrame

• Got AddIn error, looking at the wrong folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\StrataFrame2008.AddIn

I remove SF again, and started the installation and modified the install folder to use: C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame.

This time installation completed without errors, but when opening VS got this error message: "The Add-in StrataFrame Add-in Manager failed to load or caused an exception.

Of course all the Add in where installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour even though I did not select that folder, guess this is a feature of InstallAware since the installation is being done on a 64bit OS.

Notice that the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame was created but with no files. Then I did the following:

1. Copied all the information from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame to  C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame
  2. Remove installation
  3. Re-install in  C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroFour\StrataFrame and then everything worked.

I know you have tested this under Vista 64, but I am just reporting what I am experiencing with the installation.

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Edhy,

I have tested, on many different 64-bit machines, and the install works fines.  You are probably dealing with permission issues or something along those lines.  I cannot reproduce every developers environment that uses StrataFrame, but we DO install on the following platforms prior to releasing an update (including a beta): Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista 32 Business, Windows Vista 64 Business, Windows Server 2003 R2, and now Windows Server 2008.

So I already know that the install works in a clean environment.  There were some issues prior to the 1.6.5 release when we made some changes for a 64-bit environment for VS2008.  But none of these issues exist.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...