Visual Studio Add In

Author
Paul Chase
Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Morning Alex,

Godd to hear that you got it working ok Smile I am glad that it might help you out.

Have a good one

Paul

Alex Luyando
Alex Luyando
StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi all -

Thought I'd post the modified version of GenerateBusinessObject() which I am using for C# projects, so that anyone who may be able to benefit from this great Add-in can do so.

Hope this helps, and thanks again, Paul!

_____/ Regards,

____/ al

Private Function GenerateBusinessObject(ByVal FileName As String) As Boolean

'-- Variables

Dim loStartEditPoint As EditPoint

Dim loEndEditPoint As EditPoint

Dim loTextDocument As TextDocument

Dim lodocument As Document

Dim loProjectItem As ProjectItem

'-- Make Sure We ar on the Correct Project

GotoProject(_Project.Name)

' Check to see if file exists

'---

If System.IO.File.Exists(_Project.FullName.Substring(0, _Project.FullName.LastIndexOf("\"c)) & "\" & FileName) Then

If ChkOverwrite.Checked Then

System.IO.File.Delete(_Project.FullName.Substring(0, _Project.FullName.LastIndexOf("\"c)) & "\" & FileName)

Else

Return False

End If

End If

'-

Try

loProjectItem = _Project.DTE.ItemOperations.AddNewItem("Visual C# Items\SF Business Object", FileName)

'// 12-11-2008 AEL: loProjectItem = _Project.DTE.ItemOperations.AddNewItem("Common Items\SF Business Object", FileName)

'Get Ref to New bus obj

lodocument = _Project.DTE.ActiveDocument

loTextDocument = DirectCast(lodocument.Object, TextDocument)

' Create edit point

loStartEditPoint = loTextdocument.CreateEditPoint()

'// [START] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= AEL Mod. 12-12-2008 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= [START]

'//

'loStartEditPoint.MoveToLineAndOffset(7, 5)

'' Create edit point at the end of Document

'loEndEditPoint = loStartEditPoint.CreateEditPoint

'loEndEditPoint.EndOfLine()

'Delete Original Line and replace with the Inherits Statement on Text Box

'// 12-12-2008 AEL: loStartEditPoint.Delete(loEndEditPoint)

'// 12-12-2008 AEL: loStartEditPoint.Insert("Inherits " & Me.txtinherits.Text)

loStartEditPoint.MoveToLineAndOffset(13, 1) ' Start of partial class declaration for the new BO

If loStartEditPoint.FindPattern(":") = False Then

MsgBox("Error: Did not find ':' in partial class declaration! Could not change inheritance to custom BO class!!")

Return False

Else

'' Create edit point at the end of Document

loEndEditPoint = loStartEditPoint.CreateEditPoint

loEndEditPoint.EndOfLine()

'Delete Original Line and replace with the Inherits Statement on Text Box

loStartEditPoint.Delete(loEndEditPoint)

loStartEditPoint.Insert(": " & Me.txtinherits.Text)

End If

'//

'// [END] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= AEL Mod. 12-12-2008 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= [END]

'Close The Document

lodocument.Close(vsSaveChanges.vsSaveChangesYes)

Return True

Catch ex As Exception

MessageBox.Show("Exception Thrown: " & ex.Message)

Return False

End Try

End Function

Larry McIntosh
StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)
The BO Generator suddenly stopped working for me and eventually I tracked it down to DevExpress.  I had installed an Evaluation copy after using the BO Generator successfully and it then would only create the first GO and gave an error for all the rest (Template not valid for project).

A "Solution Items" folder was being created automatically when the BO Generator ran and it seemed to select this new folder somehow after the first BO was created and failed for every subsequent BO.  I couldn't figure out how to stop the creation of the "Solution Items" folder so I un-installed DevExpress.  Projects created when DevExpress was installed would still not work (kept creating the "Solution Items" folder).  But if I re-created the project (without DevExpress installed), the BO Generator worked perfectly and the "Solution Items" folder did not appear.

I'm a newbie to .Net so someone may know how to stop the creation of the "Solution Items" folder but I couldn't.

Paul Chase
Paul Chase
Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Larry,

That sounds strange I have and use Dev-Express and have not run into any issues like the one you describe.

What version of Dev-Express are you using? Is it an Evaluation version ?

Where is "Solution Items" folder you are talking about being created? is it in the project iself or what?

Larry McIntosh
Larry McIntosh
StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)
Yes, it was an Evaluation version of DevExpress and I have no idea what the Solution Items folder is used for.  The Solution Items folder is a virtual folder that appeared directly under the Solution Title node at the top of the solution explorer when the BO Generator was running.  I found references to it in the DevExpress forum about problems it was causing when converting VS2005 to VS2008.  It also seemed to disappear when the solution was closed and re-opened.  I assume that the BO Generator is linked to the project by PK and since the Solution Items folder was created about the real project, it got the project PK previously assigned to the real project.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...