Unique Index Problem

Author
Aaron Young
StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I have a ROWGUID field and index in every table in a SQL Server 2005 database. The indexes are unique and non-clustered and all indexes and fields are called the same - ROWGUID. This database is pre-StrataFrame so I am trying to setup the model in DDT to match it.

After I set the Unique property on the ROWGUID indexes (see attached screenshot), when I try and deploy a new database, it will only create the index on the first table and for all other tables the DDT reports the error:-

"There is already an object named 'ROWGUID' in the database. Could not create constraint."

When the Unique property is set, it looks like the DDT wants the indexes to be called different names. When the Unique property is reset it will create the indexes albeit as non-unique.

SQL Server doesn't need a Unique index to have a unique name so I was wondering if I have missed something?

Aaron

Attachments
Index.png (196 views, 25.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...