DDT Evaluation

Author
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (488 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
The priority is required, but it should not be deployed with a null value. The default priority for stored procedures is 10, and should be at least 1 if edited, so it set to NULL after deployment it is an erroronious state.  Try deleting the erronious stored procedure via SQL management studio and see how that affects the deployment.

If you can create a package using the new beta build that consistently deploys a sproc with a null value then by all means attatch it here, I'd like to be able to get in and give you a more specific answer. As it stands however, I can't deploy the package you sent to Trent for the reasons I already listed. We can't deploy a DDT package created on versions of Strataframe prior to the current beta build due to structure changes in the package file. Sending me the old package file does no good as I can't deploy it on my side.

My guess is that the deployment failed in the past and left the orphaned sproc out there which is giving you the problems, but I can't confirm this based soley on log files.

ChanKK
ChanKK
StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dustin Taylor (02/19/2009)
The priority is required, but it should not be deployed with a null value. The default priority for stored procedures is 10, and should be at least 1 if edited, so it set to NULL after deployment it is an erroronious state. Try deleting the erronious stored procedure via SQL management studio and see how that affects the deployment.

No, the pre-exsiting stored procedures are not created using DDT. They are created using CREATE PROCEDURE command, which maintain by us before using DDT. Beside, I found that, the priority field is extended property added by DDT, and not standard SQL Server field. Therefore, any SP deployed previously (not using DDT) would not have any value on it. That is the reason for the error. Do you think this is a "limitation", which need to be enhanced? Or, do you think DDT would not support to deploy any SP which previously not deployed using DDT?

Please advice. Thank you
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...