Data Deployment Package file problem

Author
Alan Jones
StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
On a separate note, I've noticed when the deploy meta data runs, the DeploymentData.xml does not get pulled and created.  Is it possible to pull and create that as well during the meta data process or is there some reason it is being omitted? 

In our situation, we are deploying some rather 3 large package files, each with two to three .bin files around 2 gb.  When our deployment program runs, it essentially creates those .bin files in the temporary folder twice - once for the metadata phase and again in our data deployment phase.  (Since we are calling the above mentioned enumdeploymentpackages which opens the package again.)  It seems like a lot of unnecessary overhead to be pulling those .bin files in both instances.

Alan Jones
Alan Jones
StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)
You can disregard the previous post.  There appeared to be some type of corruption in the package file where it wasn't copying out the DataDeployment.xml.  Other package files appear to be copying it correctly. 

As for the multiple .bin files, I think our best option at the moment is two packages, one that deploys just the meta data and a second that is data only. 

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Alan Jones (07/31/2009)
As for the multiple .bin files, I think our best option at the moment is two packages, one that deploys just the meta data and a second that is data only.

I agree, this way you will have better control on the ending result if one of the package fails.

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Alan,

As I think that you have already discovered, the logic you are expecting is already the way it works. So if you have any continued problems, please let us know. Thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...