Soutlook Style sidebar and tabs

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Let's work backwards.  You can use it now and if you run across anything let us know and we will address it.  We are actually using this control extensively in our medical application and it has been working great.  We have some bells and whistles that are going to be added, but it is fair game now.  We will support it.

As for links at the bottom, you can do this using a ThemedContextMenu and get it just the way that you want it.  We also have a Popup control which allows you to put any user control in a popup like a combo drop down, but it could be anything you want.  So in this example, either would work, but the ThemedContextMenu strip would be faster.

Teddy Jensen
Teddy Jensen
StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
As an alternative to Trents example You could expand my previous example with a PanelManager for the top panel of the ThemedSplitContainer. Link the PanelManager to the ThemedLinkMenu of the bottom panel. Create a page on the PanelManager for each link/button you have in the ThemedLinkMenu.

Then these pages can contain whatever controls you like. In the attached screenshots i have a ThemedLinkMenu for the Medarbejder (danish for Employee) page and a treeview for the Organization page. In the Page_Activated event of the PanelManager You can then set the title of the top GradientFormHeader to the selected page text.

This way You can still have the Menu items at the bottom as the Outlook style and some dynamic content in the top.

Hope that helps.

/Teddy

Attachments
ex1.png (129 views, 21.00 KB)
ex2.png (159 views, 19.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Thanks for all of your help and comments, guys! Smile
Coolbreeze
Coolbreeze
StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Teddy

Perfect. This could definately work. Also, thanks to you Tren.

Rudolph

Coolbreeze
Coolbreeze
StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Teddy

I been trying to design the last image you sent me with the employee tree but I am not getting it done. Could you give me some detailed instructions?

Rudolph

Teddy Jensen
Teddy Jensen
StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (98 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Rudolph,

It is just a page on the PanelManager, that is activated when You click the Organization button on the ThemedLinkMenu.

On the page there is a TreeView with the Dock property set to Fill. You can populate the tree with what ever data you like. In my example for You, I just typed the nodes in.

/Teddy

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...