How to parse alphanumeric value?

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Thanks Charles,

Believe me, taking a quick look at the Regex Magic and Buddy, they looks very powerful and I like the fact of how they highlight all parts to be matched.

Expresso looks good but I am under the impression that you need to be a more Regex experience developer to take the best of that tool.

The Just-Great-Software tools feels like a more intuitive tool, even though there is no a trial or demo version, the money back policy looks good and also the price is very affordable for such a tool, now the question is which one to choose Regexbuddy or RegexMagic? Cool

Edhy Rijo

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Whatever tool you use notice there is a regex tutorial link on the ultrapico page.

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
I think I'd try RegexMagic. It looks really accessible, with the ability to build regex patterns without having to actually know regex (i.e. they've abstracted out many pattern matching concepts to a higher level...you can search for a SSN rather than having to know the regex ([0-9]{3}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{4}). It also can generate code snippets for you. And there is a free trial... Sounds like its worth a try to me!

http://www.regexmagic.com/

http://www.regexmagic.com/download.html

Regex Buddy is more useful if you already know regex (or want to learn it) and it doesn't have a free trial (but does have a nice money back guarantee).

My guess is that you'd still want to learn regex, but regex magic might make it possible to start using regex without the hours of trying to figure out how to build a pattern, which might actually increase the speed you learn it.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Greg and all,

Just to let you know that today I finally had the opportunity to test a Regex match and replace and with the help of the RegexMagic I was able to create the correct pattern and replaced the previous flat condition which had to match several characters using String.Replace().Replace(), etc.

Once again, thanks for the contribution and push BigGrin nicely for us to move in the right direction Tongue

Edhy Rijo

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Glad to hear it! Sounds like RegexMagic is quite helpful.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...