XtraReports - BOs, Datasets or BO-> datasets ? Design time?

Author
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Thanks Edhy,

After rebuilding the solution I have a new tab on the Toolbox "XXX_ web components" where xx-web is the project name containing the newly created SF BBS.

This toolbox tab contains only 1 item - a BO of the same name that I specified when creating the SF BBS. The BBS is not shown in the Toolbox tab.

Hoping you might have some further suggestions,

Best regards,

Andy
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
It is been a while since I create one BBS with the wizard, so probably you need to add the <ToolboxItem(True)> attribute to the class definition, here is a sample:

Imports System.ComponentModel
 Namespace Reports.CardListing
     <ToolboxItem(True)>
     Public Class ItemsBBS
         Inherits MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessBindingSource(Of bizItems)
     End Class
 End Namespace

Edhy Rijo

Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Adding the toolbox attribute and the "Imports" did the trick,

Thanks for your assistance - much appreciated,

Andy 
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your assistance - much appreciated

Glad it worked!!! and again, if you have access to the StrataFlix sample, the logic used there worked out pretty good for me, even though at first, it wasn't clear how things where wired together, but as I acquire more experience in .Net them it makes more sense.  I started using Report SharpShooter which is not a very user friendly report engine, but now recreating all my reports with DevExpress was straight forward and I could re-used all my report data source classes and I was really great seeing that the special BBS wizard class worked perfectly with DevExpress also.

Edhy Rijo

Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
Hi Edhy,

I have integrated the report into a webform and it all works well - the immediate requirement was to provide an order confirmation print from a web page. I haven't had time to review the strataflix methodology in detail yet but will get to it eventually. My first major development in SF is all web based but about to start looking at rewriting a large app in Winforms. My experience so far has been good, most issues I have come up against have been more with learning .Net and Javascript. Data manipulation with the SF Bo's has been easy and a welcome relief from ADO having come from a Foxpro background,

Best regards,

Andy
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Andy,

Glad it is working out for you and the web application.  I have plans to play with a web application, but have not had the time to get into it. 

I love SF, and feel pretty comfortable with their logic and design, specially after starting to use DevExpress controls and seeing they play nicely with the SF framework.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...