Subcalssing SF Business Objects

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I want to start subclassing SF Buisness Objects (so I can imbed ny own Code in some of the methods)  and am not sure how to do this. I have successfully subclassed a few controls (TextBoxes, Lables) etc and they are working fine, so I am using a similar approcah for Buisness Objects.

I tried :  

public class KernelBO : MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer
{
}
My project compiles ok. I then created a new Business Object in the normal way , and went in manually and changed the generated code

public partial class SquBO : MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer
to:
public partial class SquBO : KernelBaseSF.KernelBO

but got an error in compiling the Business Objects Project (KernelBaseSF.KernelBO does not contain a constructor that takes 2 arguments

What am I doing wrong here ?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Ger Cannoll - 13 Years Ago
Sam Tenney - 13 Years Ago
Terry Bottorff - 13 Years Ago
                     That is exactly the one it is. So no need to send it. Sorry.
Terry Bottorff - 13 Years Ago
                         Hi Terry I have had another look at the artcile and it seems to...
                             The error you are getting is likely because your base class and...
Greg McGuffey - 13 Years Ago
                                 Hi Greg. If subclassing the SF Business Objects is not the way to...
                                     You're headed in the right direction. You DO want to sub class...
                                         Ok Greg, still not clear on what I have to do to SubClass the SF BO....
                                             To sub-class a BO, you are actually sub-classing the BusinessLayer as...
                                                 I have put in constructor code when subclassing the SF buisnes object...
                                                     You do not need the initialize component. That is specific to the...
                                                         Hi Greg. ve stripped out all the InitailizeComponent etc stuff and...
                                                             Hmmm....It's in System.ComponentModel, so not sure what your problem...
                                                                 Hi Greg. I removed the line and typeed it in again......and now it...
                                                                     [quote] I removed the line and typed it in again......and now it...