Tried New VISX with VS 2013 and Win 10

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Terry,

Please open a new thread so this one can be dedicated to fix the issue with the support to VS2015.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
okay. thanks
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I have changed several of the methods in the AddIn to test whether the ProjectItem goes stale.  They should be able to test whether the IntPtr to the object is still valid.  If this doesn't work, I'm going to swap out the Project and ProjectItem usage from the old EnvDTE to check the IVsHierarchy, which is what the Solution Explorer now uses to maintain the lists of the project items.  

This should work; I have my fingers crossed.  

I've re-attached the VSIX and DLLs on the sticky thread.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Ben,
I am testing this right now, please don't go anywhere Wow

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Sorry Ben, it is still crashing.

Edhy Rijo

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Thanks to Edhy for his help letting me remote debug his Visual Studio while we modified the threading on the BOM.

The AccessViolationExceptions that several of you were receiving have been resolved.  The update is posted on the releases thread.
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi All,

I am happy to inform everybody that today after several long hours today, Ben was able to duplicate the issue in my computer and fixed them all. 

This was one of those issues in which VS was not reporting the right error and throwing us off the track.  Without been able to debug in the computer where error was happening would have been almost impossible to identify this one.

Once Ben realized what was going on, in an hour he got a new build for me to test.

I am so happy we are back on business.  Thanks Ben. Smile

The fixed build is in this thread http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost33068.aspx

Edhy Rijo

Joel
Joel
StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)
Thank you Ben.  I really appreciate your effort in finding a solution to this issue.  I also would like to send a thank you to Edhy.  You went above in beyond to help get this resolved.
Blessings,
Joel

Blessings,
http://forum.strataframe.net/Uploads/Images/f8468eac-874c-4f14-b37e-5219.png
Joel Lang
Compassion International
Colorado Springs, CO
Edhy Rijo
E
You are welcome Joel, and thank you for the considerations.
I have always been a strong believer of the StrataFrame community and even thought for several reasons we have not been able to see new updates for SF, in my view for Windows Form, StrataFrame is one of the most complete framework and better yet, rock solid.  I have applications dealing with millions of records processing and never had a call from a customer reporting a bug like memory leak or crashes due to stability of my applications.

Yes, I can't wait to see anything about SF2.0 but so far, I am very happy with my investment in StrataFrame in the long term.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...