security data location?

Author
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I got here searching the posts for a way to export the security data to my production database, It seems that the Security Framework and DDT all tied up since there is no easy way to get the Permissions data settled at design time (StrataFrame tables). But even using DDT it appears to be a little bit complicated to get that data.

I've been reading the documentation and the post but I've the feeling I'm missing something in the way I can't find a way to get the Security Data populated to my production server.

Please Ben or Trent can you show me the way?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to change the world, but they don´t give me the source code.
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.50 GHz
6.00 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Guillermo.

Not Ben nor Trent here, but I might be able to help, if what I will show you is not known by you already.

First, you will use the Security Editor from the StrataFrame menu at design time and create your Permissions, Restrictions, pre-built Roles, Users if necessary. These all will go to the SF Database.

Now, in your DDT project, you will import the Security tables' structures, as you can see in the figure bellow.

After that, click on Deployment Data and on the toolbar, Create new packages using the Deployment Package Wizard. Have a look at the following picture.

Following the wizard that will open, choose the Role Based Security Data and that will import all your data to be deployed.

That should be it. Your package will create your security structures and deploy the data on your production server.

Hope I got that right to you.

Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)StrataFrame User (182 reputation)
Hello Ivan

As I see in picture you sent, you are creating a New Deployment Package for each of the SF Security Tables? Is that correct?

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)
Hey Bill.

Nope, once you go through the wizard, it will create an entry for each of your Security tables, you don't need to do them individualy.

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Hey Guillermo.

Better now with your correct name, right? Blush

Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
Now I finally got it!!!!

But I must say that is not very clear from the documentation, I will post the sceenshots of every step I took to reproduce what I did to get it running.

Thanks again Ivan

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
He he

No problem with that.

Bill = William - Engilsh

Guille = Guillermo = Spanish

BigGrin

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Glad you got it working, Guille. Cool
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...