Access to the path is denied

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This is a relatively simple file and should not be based on your assembly version. There are two things that happen in the creation of this file. First, there is an XML file that is built. Once built, it is then written to disk and encrypted. The encryption shouldn't store the SF assembly version as a vector key is used as the seed for the encryption.

So I am not sure why an assembly version is being embedded in the file. What assembly version did you change that caused the behavior?
Victor Sousa
Victor Sousa
StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I updated the assembly version of the EXE file.

I looked at the SF Framework source and traced based on the error message to the following call:

loDS = OpenXMLFileInMemory(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetEntryAssembly().GetName().Version.ToString(), TableName, PathAndFileName, ColumnStructure, loMemStream, llNeedsEncryption)

if the versions do not match it tries to recreate the file with the new version.

Victor Sousa
Victor Sousa
StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)
Ok, some more information. I've reproduced this on my Development machine. Slightly different Error, but i believe it still has to to with the Assembly Version.

I have two EXEs with the same exact code. The only difference is that the first has assembly version 1.0.0.0 and the second has assembly version 2.0.0.0.

I have two connections, so I create two shared settings files with version 1 using the shared settings file wizard. Everything works great. I then run version 2 of the EXE and it goes in fine the first time. The second time I run version 2 i get the following error:

XmlException

Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 1.

Source : System.Xml

Stack Trace:

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.SwitchEncoding(Encoding newEncoding)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseXmlDeclaration(Boolean isTextDecl)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()

at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, XmlReadMode mode, Boolean denyResolving)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Xml.XmlBasics.OpenXmlFileInMemory(String CurrentVersion, String TableName, String PathAndFileName, List`1 ColumnStructure, MemoryStream& DataStream, Boolean& NeedsEncryption)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Xml.XmlBasics.OpenXmlFileInMemory(String TableName, String PathAndFileName, List`1 ColumnStructure, Boolean DecryptFile)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.BusinessObjects.DbeSharedSettingsData.FillWithSharedSettings(String PathAndFileName)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.VerifySharedSettings(DbeApplicationData ApplicationData, DbeConnectionData ConnectionData)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.EvaluateConnections(DbeApplicationData ApplicationData, DbeConnectionData ConnectionData)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.SetConnections()

at GKGInc.POAnalysis.Program.SetDataSources()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Application.StrataFrameApplication.RunApplication()

at GKGInc.POAnalysis.Program.Main()

The SSF files date have changed when i ran version 2.

Now, version 1 doesn't work either and throws the same error. Version 1 and Version 2 do not work throwing error above.

It looks like running version 2 corrupted the SSF files.

Victor Sousa
Victor Sousa
Anyone have any information on this?

I'm using the file version as a work around for now, but I would like to know why this is happening in my situation if the shared settings file should not be affected by the assembly version.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
We will try and setup this up. It sounds like a serialization issue between assemblies. There is actually a way to address deserialization between assembly versions and my guess is that the issue is no your assembly, but possible the different in an older SF 1.6 assembly versus a 1.7 assembly. We will try that scenario instead as your assembly version should not be a factor.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...