Security Issue when Locking down user workstation permissions

Author
Tim Dol
StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We have a number of large customers, primarily U.S Universities, that are locking down user workstation permissions. Basically Standard User permissions and no writing to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

I have changed all our registry settings to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and/or moved them to the database, which has solved the application security issues, however during testing we discovered a issue with Role Based Security Editor - When you exit editor we get a error : Unauthorized Access Exception: Access to Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MicroFour\StrataFrameSecurity\SecurityDialog is Denied.

Is this something you will be changing or do I modify the source code on our end?

Are there other areas of the security application and/or framework I need to worry about?

Thanks,

Tim

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...