loDialog.ShowDialog(false, false); in C#: error

Author
Ralph Rutschmann
StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

maybe I'm doing something stupid. Following the help files, I tried to include security into my application. This works so far as I don't try to use 'loDialog.ShowDialog(false, false);' which I copied from the help file. That gives me an error message: 'No overload for method 'ShowDialog' takes '2' arguments'. Opposite to that the help file is telling me: 'Showing the SecurityDialog without Permissions or Restriction Sets [C#]'.

I'm using StrataFrame 1.6.1.

Can someone have a look at this?

TIA and friendly greetings,

Ralph
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, the problem is that you're probably using C# and the screenshot that Trent took is from the Object Browser when you have a VB project open.  It changes so that constructors show up as New() instead of [ClassName]() like they do in C#.  I think you're problem is most likely a bug in the help documentation.  Try this snippet and see if it works for you:

using MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security;

SecurityDialog dialog = new SecurityDialog(false, false);
dialog.ShowDialog();

I don't think there's an overload for the ShowDialog() method, but there are overloads for the constructor, so you can pass the 2 falses to the dialog's constructor.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...