ReadOnly on inherited form // ThemedXXXStrip when is dropped on a inheritable form...

Author
Fabian R Silva, -
StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Well, I have "playing" with controls and containers and when I try to make a generic ABM to be inherited and I see that the themedToolStrip / themedStatusStrip / xxxxStrip can´t be edited on the form that inherited the base form with that xxxxStrip, it´s a .Net behavior about collection stuff (If I was understand correctly some msdn googled pages).

I try to avoid this, in a test, I try to set the Browsedialog property of the themedMaintenanceToolstrip, to acoomplish this I finish with:

I created a "CustomthemedMaintenanceToolstrip" SF User Control, I dropped a themedMaintenanceToolstrip, I put a Public Property "BrowseDialog" and in get/set I put the private themedMaintenanceToolstrip

then when I drop my "CustomthemedMaintenanceToolstrip" on my base form, on the form that inherited of this base form I can set the "BrowseDialog" property of my "CustomthemedMaintenanceToolstrip" without problems.... with this approach I have to create some properties to edit each control of the themedMaintenanceToolstrip.

I not see the SF source code yet to explore how the themedMaintenanceToolstrip was created, but I not sure if I have the brain to understand it yet :/

I think that my question is a newbie one but I not sure about a lot of stuff [comin´ to my mind the GetType stuff to launch a form... aprox 8 hours to understand it and type.GetType w00t] and better I question now that I creating some stuff that some time ago I see that I created all of my stuff on a wrong way :/

It's the better way? it´s ok? thanks for the responses! Smile

pd: I try to be clear on my questions but I´m speak in spanish, sorry for my grammar misses and mistakes
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Are you just trying to create your own MaintenanceFormToolstrip that has a BrowseDialog class already associated with it when you drop it on the form?  The MaintenanceFormToolstrip is a relatively "ignorant" class.  The Save button calls the Save() on the form, same for Undo() and Edit().  The Navigated and EditingStated events of the forms PrimaryBusinessObject are used to set the states of the buttons (i.e. Save/Edit/Undo/Navigate etc. 

If this doesn't make any sense then let me know and I will try to explain in more detail.

Fabian R Silva, -
Fabian R Silva, -
StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)
Hello thanks for reply, I try to inherit an base "ABM FORM" with a xxxxStrip (status, toolbar, etc), and the xxxStrip will support add new controls (label, textbox, drop down) on the inherited form, I see that it couldn't be posibble (I only can do it with the workaround from previous post or all the properties are read only)

my question is: that (custom control with a inner xxxStrip) is the best (or only) posibility to change the properties of the xxxStrip (created on the base, called from the inherited form) or I doing all so wrong? Crying
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
No, Fabian, you are doing it right.  In order to change the properties on an inherited control, you will have to set those properties through code.  So, if you inherit a form that already has a toolstrip, and you want to add new buttons to that toolstrip, you will need to create a method to add the new buttons and call that method.  You won't be able to add the new buttons through the designer.

So, yes, you're doing it correctly.

Fabian R Silva, -
Fabian R Silva, -
thank you so much Smile

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
No problem, glad I could help.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...