Exceptions while deployng a package

Author
George Nentidis
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there guys.

The whole thing started when I tried to modify a foreign key constraint. Then when trying to deploy the package I got an exception saying that a certain field (which is the primary key) could not be renamed because it was a member of a list. I have removed the constraint and add it again, and the same error.

After that I have removed the whole table and recreated it. Not I get four exceptions: One that says that a certain view (which depends on the table) could not be created because the table is not there. I have remove and recreated the view too, but still the same error.

The other two exceptions complain that they cannot verify the existence of the indexes in the table and view which I have removed and recreated.

The fourth complains about not being able to verify the existence of foreign keys in the table that has been removed and recreated.

Is there a chance that I'm doing something terribly wrong with DDT? I have imported the tables from a SQL2005 database and created all indexes and stored procedures and views manually in the DDT. After that all I do is modifying the schema. Is there a certain way I must be using the DDT tool? Is this because DDT is a rather new tool?

I have attached a rar file that contains my database, my StrataFrame database, the package, and the result log files of the deployments, in case you'll need to look more into it.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments
DB Packages.rar (178 views, 1.00 MB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
George,

I guess that this is the ONLY post that you had posted on related to the DDT that I didn't add another post.  This has already been changed and you can get the update from here: http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost14258.aspx .  There is a setting on the table that allows you to indicate whether you want to the primary key index to be created on structure saves or not.  Uncheck this setting and you can then create the index as you like.  I also changed the way the import works and used your database to test from.  All of your issues (on the import) stemmed from using user-defined data types.  So the DDT import now looks up the user-defined data type and uses the primary root data type as the type that gets imported.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
George Nentidis - 16 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
George Nentidis - 16 Years Ago