Recomplie sources 1.6.5 with VS 2005

Author
Alex Bibiano González
StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have just downloaded the 1.6.5 sources and want to recompile the DevExpress Wrapper for version 7.2.

I have seen that the solution is for VS 2008, and I'm using VS 2005. Is there a version for VS 2005 avaleible?

Thanks,

Alex B.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I have seen that the solution is for VS 2008, and I'm using VS 2005. Is there a version for VS 2005 avaleible?

You can create one.  Just create a VS 2005 solution and add all of the source files for the DevExpress wrapper into the solution and then rebuild.  You will just need to make sure that the namespace and name of the solution is the same.  All StrataFrame source files are now in VS 2008 format....maintaining two code bases just isn't really an option as these would grow apart very quickly.  If you have the option of upgrading to VS 2008, I highly recommend it!  It is really a simple move forward and you will not have to change any of your code as there is full .NET 2.0 support.  .NET 3.5 was built on top of .NET 2.0.

Fabian R Silva, -
Fabian R Silva, -
StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hello...not sure if I made something wrong, but I not installed yet vs2008 and need to recompile devex wrapper.... what I do is:

edit first line of MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.sln to open it with vs 2005

("Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 9.00")

cleared licenses.licx file

removed references to devexpress assemblies, and put the correct ones (7.3.5 --> x.x.x)

compiled it again... voila!! (I will check if this make some incompatibility... I known that it isn't the best workaround to open it.... but it seems to work...)

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Yup, that will work Smile
Fabian R Silva, -
Fabian R Silva, -
StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I not sure why, but when I try to add a topic on

Home » StrataFrame Database Deployment Toolkit » Issues I receive a message

"You don't have the neccessary permissions to access the requested page. It's likely the forum administrator has restricted access to this feature."

I have problems with DDT:

-------------------------

I try to use the deployment data feature of DDT, I create a package of a table wich contains 3 datetime fields (create, modify and logical delete time), that by default have null values, I set the fields to allow null values but when it ask If I like to include deployment data, a error "InvalidCastException" (DBNull conversion to type "Date" not allowed)

(PD: I try to upload a snapshot but a error occurs when I click "Edit attachments":

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Skins/Classic/Dialogs/Logon.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Fabian,

I cannot find an account for you that is not a trial account.  The only reason that you can post in this forum is because it is the general .NET area.  You must have an active subscription to be able to access the forum.  In fact, this forum area was supposed to be set this way as well (which has been fixed).

There are other forum posts regarding this, but the DDT does not support NULL data within a Deployment Data package.

If you do have an active subscription, then please email me at support@strataframe.net and I will move your forum account over to that active subscription.  Sorry for any trouble.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...