Versioning pkg Files

Author
Geoff Hirst
StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Guys,

My application makes use of the superb flexibility of the DDT. What I need to be able to do, is stop users importing 'old' pkg files. Is there a way to do this?

thanks in advance.

Geoff Hirst

Geoff Hirst
Geoff Hirst
StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Trent,

That would be excellent. I hope this is possible to add. For it would allow an audit trail be created that would show the database updates applied and when. In addition, when one is applied, it would be possible to keep a record of it and display the 'database version' in an about box.

I am presently migrating over to making the db update process part of the installation, like you mentioned you do with your medical application. This will obviously reduce the issue, but it would still be nice to be able to access the database version.

thanks in advance.

Geoff Hirst

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Geoff Hirst - 16 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
Edhy Rijo - 15 Years Ago
                     Bump....:)
Edhy Rijo - 14 Years Ago
                         The version number really serves no purpose, especially in regards to...
Trent L. Taylor - 14 Years Ago
                             [quote][b]Trent L. Taylor (01/07/2010)[/b][hr]The version number...
Edhy Rijo - 14 Years Ago
                                 The simplest way would be to have a build version within your...
                                     Thanks Trent, will follow your advise and use a property to manage the...
Edhy Rijo - 14 Years Ago
                                         Keep in mind that you can setup a file or assembly version to...
                                             [quote][b]Trent L. Taylor (01/08/2010)[/b][hr]Keep in mind that you...
Edhy Rijo - 14 Years Ago