Difference between user control and form

Author
David Daragon
StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm still making tests.

I put a list view in a Micro Four User Control which is contained in a Micro Four Form and the time of loading is 2800 ms.

When I put directly the same list in a Micro Four Form, the time is about 450 ms.

What are the reasons of this difference ?

Best regards

David

Replies
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I will take a look at this soon, but we have just gotten back from being on the road and have a lot going on and we also have a lot of people out on vacation, so we are still trying to catch up.  Thank you for being patient.
David Daragon
David Daragon
StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (54 reputation)
No worry Trent I just want to know to organize my work.

I will work with Strataframe for many years so I have time BigGrin

David Daragon
David Daragon
no issue at my problem ?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
David Daragon - 16 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
                         Just one more thing, there is an error in my code. The line...
                             David, First, I think that you are making this harder than you need...
                                 Thanks for your help Trent, I follow your method and it's work. But...
                                     Gotcha....yes, you can do this in code, but you will have to do it in...
                                         In which OnLoad ? In the form or in the user control ?
                                             Really either. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish with...
                                                 Hi Trent, In fact, I want to use User Control to re use them in...
                                                     [quote]What can I do ?[/quote] Well, let's go at it from this...
                                                         Hello Trent, Here is my code. [codesnippet] public partial...
                                                             I really think that something is missing. I don't think that the...
                                                                 Hi Trent, I send you a sample project. I put the 2 examples. One with...
                                                                     Hi Did you have the time to test my sample ? Regards, David
                                                                         I will take a look at this soon, but we have just gotten back from...
                                                                             No worry Trent I just want to know to organize my work. I will work...
                                                                             no issue at my problem ?
Dustin Taylor - 16 Years Ago
                 It would be better with the attachment :D ;)
                         Hi I succeed to load a listview in an user control with a designer....
                             If I understand you correctly, you want to programatically add your...
Greg McGuffey - 16 Years Ago
                                 You're right Greg. I want to programatically add an user control in my...
                                     David,

I see a couple of things that don't make sense:...
Greg McGuffey - 16 Years Ago