RegistryKey: Access denied under Vista

Author
Ralph Rutschmann
StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Trent,

I have got the same problem again as mentioned here: http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic18446-21-1.aspx but now with the Database Deployment Toolkit. The Registry-Key is the same: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MicroFour\...

This Time an a different Machine with also a new and clean install of Vista Ultimate. I'm logged on as admin. No other programs as Vista Ultimate standard programs, VS 2008 SP1, and SQL Management Studio. And StrataFrame, of course. Wink

At the other thread (see above) you wrote: "This is actually an environment issue as this does actually work on Vista Ultimate..."

Unfortunately I must say, maybe it is an environment issue, but this does actually not working for me on Vista Ultimate.

It is my second install of Vista Ultimate on two different machines. Both seems to have the same problem. I can't believe that it is an environment issue, because it happened within a few days and on both machine at the first try from the beginning on. And both was my first install of Vista...

For me it looks like a generally Vista problem, because of two clean installs from scratch with no changes to the environment after install. Why is the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MicroFour\..." read only? Is it a problem of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\..." generally?

This thing is very annoying, because the DDT is not closing, I have to shoot them up any time thru the Task-Manager.

Any hint highly appreciated.

TIA, Ralph

Attachments
DDT - RegistryKey access denied.jpg (289 views, 161.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...