Framework Functions

Author
Mike Thomas
StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there a doc that documents the callable functions provided by strataframe?  for example the screen capture and encryption functions/features mentioned on the feature page?

Thanks in advance

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You can find all of these through the class library.  Most of these are going to be in the Tools namespace (MicroFour.StrataFrame.Tools).  Common has a number of functions that do a wide spectrum of actions.  You can call the screen capture like this:

Dim myScreen As System.Drawing.Image = MicroFour.StrataFrame.Tools.ScreenCapture.CaptureScreen()
Dim myWindow As System.Drawing.Image = MicroFour.StrataFrame.Tools.ScreenCapture.CaptureWindow(Me.Handle)

Encryption gets a bit more technical, but we have a 3DES wrapper that can make it much easier.  You can also see an example of this in the CRM sample in the CreditCards BO.  The credit card gets encrypted to the database and the BO shows how to save and retrieve with the 3DES.  You will find this in the Security.Encryption namespace (MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.Encryption).

Dim _3des As New MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.Encryption.TripleDESWrapper()
Dim myString As String = _3des.Encrypt("Testing")

If you have any questions about any specific piece please let me know. Smile

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Anything wrong with using your 3DES wrapper as is without messing with the key and vector? I guess that means that hypothetically another SF developer could reverse engineer it but.... pigs could fly too.

I just added the following field customization code for a simple password field, looks OK?

Dim _3des As New MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.Encryption.TripleDESWrapper()

''' <summary>

''' smtppass

''' </summary>

''' <remarks></remarks>

<Browsable(False), _

BusinessFieldDisplayInEditor(), _

Description("smtppass"), _

DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Hidden)> _

Public Property [smtppass]() As System.String

Get

Dim x As String = CType(Me.CurrentRow.Item("smtppass"), System.String)

Return _3des.Decrypt(x)

End Get

Set(ByVal value As System.String)

Me.CurrentRow.Item("smtppass") = _3des.Encrypt(value)

End Set

End Property

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
LOL...yeah, you nailed it.  There are times that I will use the standard vector key when it is not the absolute most critical information in the world for the extremely outside of the normal realm of possibility that another SF developer could reverse engineer.  Bu like you said, this is generally not going to be an issue.  Looks good.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
OK thanks, if I have any security breaches in the future Tongue  I already knew where to look.... Ivan!

Keith Chisarik
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Keith Chisarik (09/23/2008)
OK thanks, if I have any security breaches in the future Tongue  I already knew where to look.... Ivan!

For some reason, I was just thinking about the same hacker BigGrin, sorry,  developer Hehe

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
I guess we will have to put out an A.P.B for Ivan BigGrin
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
ROFL

I think it's time to change my name again...

Let me see which passport color I feel like having now...

Tongue

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...