Field Constraint errors

Author
Jason Seidell
StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This is getting frustrating and I hope there is a solution, or maybe this is a new bug???

From the best of my understanding this is what is happening.

1) Originally built and deployed a set of databases with version 1.6.0, did not add any NOT NULL or default value constraints on fields.

2) Some time later, we updated to version 1.6.5.  Started having occasional exceptions when accessing BOs with a field with a NULL value.  So we started updating fields whenever we needed to redeploy the DDT to turn on the NOT NULL option and set default values.

2.1 - When adding these we keep getting DDT errors stating, 'Error, cannot add constraint, 'Fieldname' already exists.  This error is because we have multiple tables with the same fieldnames and the constraints get added with only the fieldname.  However, if we deploy the exact same package to a fresh install the errors don't duplicate because it names the constraints 'DF_tableName_fieldName'.  The only recourse is to deploy, change constraint names, redeploy, change additional set of constraint names, and repeat until it finally adds all the constraints (because after it fails adding the first constraint it stops adding constraints to that table).  So this process can easily take 6-12 times to finally get a clean deploy.  I have tried deleting all the constraints from the database and then redeploy but they just get assigned the same name and still creates the errors.

So I'm totally lost as to what is happening, how to best fix this, and how to keep it from happening again.

Sad Jason

Jason Seidell

Programmer/Analyst

Infinedi

Jason Seidell
Jason Seidell
StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I found a similar type problem at this post, http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic9680-11-1.aspx?Highlight=DDT+Errors+constraint

However that is from early 2007, and I would think the problem should be fixed by now....

Jason Seidell

Programmer/Analyst

Infinedi

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...