How do you bind a control to a property declared in a form?

Author
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This may be the day of class I missed Tongue but is it possible to bind a textbox (or datepicker or grid or whatever ) to a property ( which perhaps is a list(of T) ) declared in the code of the form itself? i.e. no business object, just whatever is done to that control changes the value of the property without further coding.

I guess one could test on leaving a textbox or whatever and then change the property based on the text but I was thinking more of two way binding to a property. Seems the properties sheet wants a bizobj in order to bind. Should I use a non SF textbox for something like this?

Just feel I'm missing/forgetting/am completely ignorant of something very basic ... w00t

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...