CAL's is this concurrent users or ??

Author
David Kozikowski
StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How is this licensed?

I’m evaluating if this is a option for a system.

Still looking and trying to understand the architecture of both the framework and the ES.

Let’s says I have 2000 users of a system however the data transfer is minimal.

If I was building a application that had both a web UI (internet / intranet) and a WinForm UI (network down usability, then sync when network up , local database on client machines) would I need a CAL for each user or could the system be designed to only allow 25 connections at a time? (thus the cheaper license)?

Thanks

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Thanks for your interest in StrataFrame. In regards to the ES license, you can connect both WinForm and WebForm clients to the same ES server at the same time. In regards to the license, it should be a CAL for each unique user connecting to the ES server. The reason for this is basically due to database licensing (same as SQL Server). The MAC address of the connecting machine will be logged and stored until the application pool recycles or IIS is restarted. So if you had 25 unique MAC addresses connect and number 26 came along, it would prevent access.

I will tell you, however, that your web license would only track a single connection (MAC). So if you had a web service that was pulling from the ES server, it would technically only track that one connection (same as SQL Server).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...