How to tell which users are currently logged?

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I need to show in a report or form which users defined in RBS are currently logged into the application, is there a property or method of SFSUsersBO that can help me get that information?

I was playing with SecurityBasics.CurrentUser.LoggedOnAt but don't know if this field is set to null or something after the user log out.

Edhy Rijo

Replies
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (488 reputation)
Very nice indeed!  For what it is worth, we use Greg's second mothod in our medical app. We have a central server service that handles licensing and such, and the clients send it login, shutdown, and keepalive updates.  The administrator can then go and view all open applications, who is logged in to them, and can kill any particular session if desired.  Works well, but your way is much simpler Smile.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For what it is worth, we use Greg's second method in our medical app.

Hmmm...wonder where I got the idea from.... Wink
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Dustin Taylor (02/22/2010)
Very nice indeed!

Thanks Dustin!

I have 70% done for the server service, it is just that I have not have the time to finish it and fully test it. But in reality the administrator is not always at the server location, so been able to log into any workstation and see who is logged is really useful, at lest for me Tongue

My plan is to have the server service in the same fashion as you have, of course Trent gave us the idea a year or so ago, but being new to .NET/ VB and MS-SQL there was too much to absorb. My quickest solution is not perfect but can be enhanced and probably incorporate it in the same fashion of the RBS in which a system table will be used by default.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...