Afterbuild.bat in 1.707 not in InheritedUI folder

Author
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
2 things :

In the new source code release, after changing the DevExpress 9.2 references to 9.3, setting specific version to false and excluding the license file ( let me know if those last two steps shouldn't be necessary - I can't get it to compile without doing it) there is an error that the

Error1The command ""C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\AfterBuild.bat" "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Release\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Release\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.xml"" exited with code 9009.MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI

The Afterbuild.bat is found only in the Strataframe Source Code folder (the parent of the one referenced above.)

A copy must be put in the SF Inherited UI folder for the changes to be found in compiling an app that need Inherited UI

Also, the Afterbuild.bat that is found in the source in its first line references Visual Studio 8 for the gacutil

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\gacutil.exe" -i %1 -f

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\gacutil.exe" -i %1 -f

copy /Y %1 "%CommonProgramFiles%\MicroFour\StrataFrame"

copy /Y %2 "%CommonProgramFiles%\MicroFour\StrataFrame"

and a box without VS2005 will not have that folder

I confess to being a batch language idiot, so perhaps line 2 is a fallback but could someone explain %2 and line 4?

Don't remember any afterbuild.bat issues being present on the last build, when i also had to change my DevExpress references, but the weird error message this time was at first a head scratcher ( but a good way to learn about afterbuild.bat Smile )
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, I don't know why you would have had to change anything as this has been the same since the beginning. Basically the %n indicates a unique file that was generated during the build process. One is the Intellisense XML file and the other is the assembly. %1 in this case would be the assembly and %2 the XML file. The only reason that you generally get errors are when something is in use or the file wasn't produced. The only other issue that I run across from time to time is that the paths are different (i.e. a 64-bit machine versus 32-bit) for the program files folder or the gacutil.exe location. Past that, it is pretty straight forward. So if you got this working and spitting out the files where they need to go, then I think you are in good shape.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi guys,

Today I installed a fresh version of Windows 7 x64, VS2010, MS-Office 2010, etc.

I use some Infragistics controls and after rebuilding the "MicroFour StrataFrame Infragistics Wrapper.sln" I got some errors from the AfterBuild.bat claiming that this file could not be found:

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\gacutil.exe" -i %1 -f

Looking at my system I found the gacutil.exe in this folder:

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\gacutil.exe" -i %1 -f

This file worked in the AfterBuild.bat in my Windows 7 x64 configuration.

Trent or somebody else, may I ask why using the gacutil.exe from 2 different folders? Are they different in any way?

Here is my final AfterBuild.bat that is working for me:

rem 4/23/2010 Modified by Edhy Rijo to work on Windows 7 (x64) replacing this line
rem "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\gacutil.exe" -i %1 -f

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\gacutil.exe" -i %1 -f
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\gacutil.exe" -i %1 -f

copy /Y %1 "%CommonProgramFiles%\MicroFour\StrataFrame"
copy /Y %2 "%CommonProgramFiles%\MicroFour\StrataFrame"

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...