Bug in DDT?

Author
Howard Bennett
StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Not a big deal - but - I was changing some of the table structures after importing from a DBC. I started with the Primary Key - got to the Default Value - is was greyed out but ellipsis button was enabled - so I clicked on that and was able to enter a value from the list of options shown. Of course, it wouldn't save and wouldn't let me delete that out.

Thought you'd want to take a look and see if it's something you need to fix.

HB
Replies
Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)
"Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this!"

"Don't do that!" BigGrin

If you are enabling increment on integers, you shouldn't be setting a default at all. Just set the seed and increment amount and make it a PK and you are good to go.

That will create an identity PK on the back end when you deploy to SQL.

(and if you map your BOs against DDT it will set your BO to know it does not update the PK and that the PK is auto-incrementing. )

Howard Bennett
Howard Bennett
StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)
In this case, I've got to make the primary key column updateable as I'll be manually adding data to those records. Once the conversion is complete, I'll go back and make them auto-increment and not updateable.

Thanks again for your help!

HB

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...