Populate combobox using enumeration

Author
Tiong Diu King
StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I create a file named enum.vb and code inside is

Public Enum Status as integer

Active = 1

Inactive = 2

End Enum

At the strataframe combobox's property, I did set the population Type = Enumeration.

Then after i go to populationenumname, i type my Enum's name (status) and search then strataframe prompt me the error as below,

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Exception

Could not gather enums for MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI

ReflectionTypeLoadException

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

LoadExceptions:

FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.XtraEditors.v9.2, Version=9.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.XtraEditors.v9.2, Version=9.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.XtraGrid.v9.2, Version=9.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Utils.v9.2, Version=9.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Utils.v9.2, Version=9.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.XtraBars.v9.2, Version=9.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.XtraBars.v9.2, Version=9.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source :

Stack Trace:

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Extensibility.ExtensibilityBasics.GetAvailableEnums(Boolean WebProject)

[/size]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

appreciate your help...
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Tiong.

Are you using DevXpress in your solution? If so, which version?

Tiong Diu King
Tiong Diu King
StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (30 reputation)
Hi Ivan,

yes i'm using devexpress v2010 vol 1
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)
Trent has posted a new release to work with the latest DevEx. Have you upgraded it?

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost27986.aspx

But it you have the SF source code, you should upgrade your source code references and rebuild it. Let me know if you need help with that.

Tiong Diu King
Tiong Diu King
Hi Ivan,

Trent's solution is for the trial user.

What's the solution for the license user? What should i do then?
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Tiong Diu King (08/20/2010)
Hi Ivan,

Trent's solution is for the trial user.

What's the solution for the license user? What should i do then?

Hi Tiong,

As Ivan said in the previous post:

... But it you have the SF source code, you should upgrade your source code references and rebuild it. Let me know if you need help with that.

If you don't have the source code, just login to your "My Account" where you downloaded SF and download and install the source code, then open the MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI solution, change the references to the one you use and rebuild, then open your SF Application Solution and make sure the reference to the SF Inherited UI is correct and rebuild. That should do it.

Edhy Rijo

Tiong Diu King
Tiong Diu King
Hi Edhy,

After update my assembly, when i type enum name and search then the form dispose.

Besides, It's work fine if i tried create new project and test on enum.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Hi Tiong.

In that case, have you tried to click on "Manually Enter Enum Fullname" and then do it?

Tiong Diu King
Tiong Diu King
Hi Ivan,

I did tried it but no work. Anyway i recreate my new project and migrate over all the BO, class, and my forms. Now Enumeration work fine at new project that i recreated. Thanks Ivan for your help to update the assembly and it's help.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
You are welcome, Tiong.

And glad you got it working. Cool

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...