Add photo and Retrieve photo to/from sql server 2008

Author
Diu King,Tiong
StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

Please someone guide me a steps how to add photo and retrieve to/from sql server 2008.

For example i have a employee profile form and i wish to attach photo at that form.
Please don't only give the link because before i write this post i did search through all the post but i fail to understand it.

Thanks

(Using vb.net 2010 and sql server 2008)
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

Take a look at the StrataFlix sample application which have such a feature in one of its forms.

Edhy Rijo

Diu King,Tiong
Diu King,Tiong
StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)
Hi Edhy,

i follow exactly from the straflix sample and i get the error. what step do i missed and please advice.
i just create the property (bitmap/binary conversion)  inside BO and bind to my image field. Then i drag and drop a picturebox at my form and bind to my custom property.
i got the error message as below after run my form and click the new button.

Please advice.

Error Message:

BusinessLayerException
  An error occurred while refreshing the data from field 'BO_hresEmployee.Photo' to property 'Image' on control 'PictureBox1.'
TargetInvocationException
  Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
MissingManifestResourceException
  Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "BO_Library.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "BO_Library" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Source     : MicroFour StrataFrame Business
Diu King,Tiong
Diu King,Tiong
Hi Edhy,

I did it with your recommended strataflix sample already.

Thanks
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Diu,

I am glad you figured out, I was pretty busy today and could not provide any help in the forums.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...