Future plans - WPF and Silverlight

Author
Bill Mason
StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

My trial period has expired but I am glad to see that I can still post a question.  I have read here before that plans for version 2 should be around mid year and that you have plans to support Silverlight and WPF.

I am also evaluating DevForce and have been very impressed with their support for SL & WPF.  As a matter of fact, Winforms and Webforms seem to have been pushed back and most everything in their product is now pointing in this new direction.

Now to my questions.

1.  I was wondering if someone could expand on exactly what your plans are around SL & WPF?  I am not pushing the schedule issue because I know how that works and besides, by the time I can be up to speed on your product, June should be here!  I am interested in how you plan to tie them into your products and how this will affect the way StrataFrame is used.

2.  I also have been wondering about the role of Enterprise Server.  It seems to me (with my limited knowledge) that using ES with Silverlight would be the way to go.  Would this be considered a Best Practise?

Overall I am very impressed with Strataframe and it seems to fit my programming style very well.  I love the Database deployment utility and can't imagine deploying an app without the benefit of the security roles module.  I just am concerned about making the right choice as relates to the newer technology.

Thanks,
Bill Mason

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Trent L. Taylor (1/12/2011)
We will be releasing some additional details as to what has been going on for the past 18 months as well and a more static and rigid production cycle going forward.  Our goal...to provide a dedicated team of crackerjack developers to the SF team and to the future of StrataFrame.
Stay tuned...more coming very soon!

Those are great news!!! Tongue

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Bill Mason - 14 Years Ago
     Bump ?