Sample Data Installer Class

Author
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am trying to use the "SampleDataInstallerClass" but the syntac for most of the statements are incorrect. Of course I am using one I found on the forum from a long time ago. Is there one later that will work with VS2010?

TIA.
Replies
Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)
Alright, thank you for the great explanation. That all makes sense but do you change the default location so when you use DDT it put the database where you want it or how do you make sure your data get's to the where you want it?

Also, the backup piece of software is great. Thanks........
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Terry Bottorff (9/19/2012)
That all makes sense but do you change the default location so when you use DDT it put the database where you want it or how do you make sure your data get's to the where you want it?

Yes, I change the location so me and most important the customer knows where the database is located.  DDT will either create or update the database based on the setup location in SQL Server configuration.

Edhy Rijo

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Cool. Great. Thank You.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Terry Bottorff - 12 Years Ago
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                     These are the Imports for This Project....
                         I have another question. Is there a way to control where the Database...
                             Terry: The stack trace message is a fairly straight forward one. If...
Trent L. Taylor - 12 Years Ago
                                 I thought I tried that but I will have another look at it and let you...
                                     There are 2 projects in the solution. I changed the .Net on one of the...
                                         Are you wanting to know how to make a database end up in a certain...
Trent L. Taylor - 12 Years Ago
                                             I was talking about using DDT. Therefore, I just need to know where to...
                                                 Hi Terry, [quote][b]Terry Bottorff (9/18/2012)[/b][hr]If the database...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                                                     Alright, thank you for the great explanation. That all makes sensebut...
                                                         [quote][b]Terry Bottorff (9/19/2012)[/b][hr]That all makes sensebut do...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                                                             Cool. Great. Thank You.