x64 Development Environment

Author
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame Novice (122 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (122 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (122 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (122 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (122 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (122 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (122 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (122 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (122 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi
The workstation I mostly develop is a AMD X64 with Win XP x64 Pro, by default all x86 application will install under C:\Program Files (x86)\ path. So for example if I try to add the security tables to a project under DDT I will get an exception stating that "The package file C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\Security.pkg could not be extracted because it can not be found".

The problem is at libraries level I think, maybe the path is hardcoded.

The issue is solved copying all the content of the "Program Files (x86)\Common Files" into "Program Files\Common Files"

I believe this issue needs to be evaluated by the development team to add the features to fully support x64 installations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to change the world, but they don´t give me the source code.
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.50 GHz
6.00 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Yes, thanks for the heads up... we haven't tested our installation on an x64 machine, yet.  We are using the System.Environment.GetSpecialFolder() method (I think that's the name of it), however, it looks like our install is not placing the files in the same location as the path returned from that method.
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (736 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (736 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (736 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (736 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (736 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (736 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (736 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (736 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (736 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
This is still happening. I had the same issue after installing v 1.7.7.1 on Windows 7 64-Bit. Fortunately it only took a single search to find the work around on the forum.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Larry,

Weird, I have Win8.1 Pro x64 and did not have that issue with v1.7.7.1, the problem I had related to the DDT was that my version of the SQL Management Objects 2008 R2 (SMO) were not the ones expected to be used by the DDT SMO version 10.50.2500.0, after a long time searching the web I finally found the official site to download this specific version, I also need them for my own distribution setup or my Data Migration class will also fail when my customer try to update their database.

Here is the link for the SMO version 10.50.2500.0 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26728

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...