Enum Browser Window

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am trying to populate a listbox and and combobox with an enumeration. I set the populationType to "Enumeration", when I click the elipsis on the PopulationEnumName property to display the EnumBrowser and enter text to search I get the wait window that says "Searching...Compiling list of available enums...", the EnumBrowse window dissappears and the wait windows never go away.

The enum is available to the class as intellisense properly displays its values and I can use them in code.

Please help, thanks.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)

These messageboxes also appear to be modal to the screen not visual studio....minimizing VS left them on my other open documents and programs.

Keith Chisarik
Attachments
floaties.jpg (260 views, 73.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
There is an error occuring within the search that forces the dialog to die.  This can come from a lot of places depending on what is going within your particular Visual Studio environment.  To test this and see if it fails on other values, type in SqlDbType when searching and see if the dialog goes away.  If so, we are going to have to try to get more information from your dev environment to see what is going on.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
It does the same thing when I enter SqlDbType.

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
One last test...

1. Close down Visual Studio (to clear out the AppDomain)
  2. Go back into Visual Studio and create a new StrataFrame Application project
  3. Drop a combo on the form that will already exist
  4. Search for SqlDbType for the enum type and see if the same thing happens

This will tell me if it is project related or Visual Studio environment related.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
That worked. It found the SqlDbType type.

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
OK...so it is more than likely some reference in your actual application that is breaking this.  Try this, in your new test application, manually add each reference that is used in your actual application one at a time until it fails.  This will more than likley clue us in as to what is going on.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
No surprise here, the problem is with the reference to my BO library.

I have two projects, one SF App, one BO Library. The form that conatins the controls I am trying to populate with Enum's is on the SF App project.

The SF App project has a reference to the BO Lib, I tried rebuilding, remapping, cleaning, removing and re-adding to no avail.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
The enums in the BO all look like this:

Public Enum ordersBOFieldNames As Integer

[order_pk]

[order_version]

[order_nbr]

[order_dt]

[salesprsn]

[cust_addr]

[Event_desc]

[load_inday]

[quantity]

[partnbr]

[description]

[cust_hdr]

[cust_name]

[custaddr_1]

[custaddr_2]

[custaddr_3]

[custaddr_4]

[custcity]

[cust_st]

[custzip]

[custcntry]

[custaddr_er]

[order_header]

[scanned_qty]

[returned_qty]

[override_flag]

CUSTOM_FIELD

End Enum

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
some of the names are the same in the tables, the mapper seems to just number the fields thus I have a enum 'salesprsn' with different values. Is that a problem? Do enum name/value pairs have to be unique in the project?

Keith Chisarik
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...