How can I evaluate ES?

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm thinking that ES will solve a bunch of problems I'm facing. Many of them are related to the use of a VPN to access the database over all sorts of interesting (read slow and unreliable) connections.

However, before I recommend this to the execs, I need to actually test it. I need to install it and access it remotely and compare the access times to those of using the VPN.

I know the SDK is included with SF, but I'm not clear how to test it.

- Can I do initial testing all locally as it stands now (i.e. single user testing locally, just to see if the code works)

- Do you have a special trial license available?

Thanks!
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Can I do initial testing all locally as it stands now (i.e. single user testing locally, just to see if the code works)

Yes.  This is why we include the Developer SDK for free.  It has 2 CALs (Client Access Licenses) and can be activated through the My Account area of the website.  You will only want to activate once you know your host name (localhost, data.myserver.com, etc.) and know the MAC address of the machine on which it will be loaded.

Do you have a special trial license available?

This is why we provide the Developer SDK.  You can use this SDK with a purchased or trial version of StrataFrame.

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Ah, great! That is exactly what I need! Figured this would be easy BigGrin
PersonaNonStrata
PersonaNonStrata
StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)
Hi Trent,

Nothing to add - just wanted to thank you again for all the info about StrataFrame this morning.

I will be installing ES eval later in the week,

dave from Seattle

<< Eval User >>
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Glad to help Dave....we look forward to working with you. Smile
Ben Hayat
Ben Hayat
StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)
The support is second to none, even to "Eval Users".

I just bought the complete kit and what convinced me the most, was how strong the support is. These guys know .Net Smile

Hope you can join too!

..ßen
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...