Unhandled Exception

Author
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

I’ve got the ES server set up on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition with SP1. I’m able to access the ES status page but when it try to run a client application I get the following exception. Any suggestions on what I may have missed?

-Larry

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
hrm... that could mean that either the enterprise server itself it timing out against SQL Server, or your EnterpriseDataSourceItem is not reaching the enterprise server.  Put Timeout=10; on the end of your SQL Server connection string within the ES configuration and if you get a different response after only 10 seconds, then you'll know that the ES cannot reach SQL Server.  However, if it still takes 30 seconds to come back, and you get the same message, then your client cannot reach the ES.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...