StrataFrame Forum

AJAX and SF

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic12380.aspx

By Charles Thomas Blankenship - 11/2/2007

It will mimic the Google suggest as well as use Microsoft Maps to parse a traffic feed (RSS) to show road hazards and contruction in you area.

Best regards to the community,

CTBlankenship
By Ivan George Borges - 11/3/2007

Yep, I would like to see what you did, CT!
By Charles Thomas Blankenship - 11/7/2007

Hi Ivan ... that was what I was looking for ... just one interested party ... I should be done my next Monday.

Cheers.

CT

PS:

Thanks to the SF team for creating this awesome forum.
By Trent L. Taylor - 11/7/2007

Just FYI, CT.  There were some other interested parties that posted in another forum.  Smile
By Jc Martinez - 11/7/2007

Here Here...Smile

thanks...

By Ivan George Borges - 11/7/2007

... I should be done my next Monday.

Great. Let me know when you are ready. Wink

By Charles Thomas Blankenship - 11/14/2007

Guys and Gals:

I am so sorry.  I was afflicted first with the flu (the real thing) ... then caught strep throat at the doc's office trying to get well from the flu ... then caught a bad chest cold during another visit to the doc's office for the strep visit.  Doctor's offices are dangerous places. 

This put me down for 2-1/2 consecutive weeks.  Fortunately, I'm back now and once again working on the SF and AJAX example. 

You have my apologies for the delay.

Regards,

CT

By Fabian R Silva, - - 11/14/2007

hello, you have to change your antivirus w00t

I soon try to use google maps and virtual earth to show some data on a web (a web SF project), I'll try to post all I can about this if I can help or I need help (more the last Tongue).

I wait that you be healthy and do not return to fall ill, the best wishes for you.

- Fabian
By Charles Thomas Blankenship - 11/14/2007

Howdy Fabian:

"Antivirus" ... now that's funny ... probably shouldn't have been using Norton eh Smile.

As for Google Maps, our company has already deployed a website using it (it is in classic ASP but that has little to do with this issue).  Go to

http://www.cottinghamchalk.net/search/SEARCH_default.asp

and play around.  This is where I was going to eventually take the example ... and in the process show how to hook up with StrataFrame using the Anthem AJAX framework.

Thanks for the best wishes and stay tuned,

C. T. Blankenship

By Charles Thomas Blankenship - 11/18/2007

Here is the example I've been talking about for the past MONTH (my bad).

Any and all feedback welcome ... this includes typos, presentation issues, efficiency issues, coding issues, better ways to do things, etc, etc.

Best regards to all,

C. T. Blankenship

I had included a version of the StrataFrameSample.bak file in the example, but the file was too big to updload.  You'll have to create this table manually.  I can include a script for it tomorrow ... right now I"m too tired.

PS:  Please regard this as a community project ... feel free to submit frequent and copious examples for inclusion.

PS.S:  Well, I tried to upload it from two different computers but I still get a Request Timeout error.  I've sent it to Trent so he can post it for me.  He should have it up here tomorrow.

By Charles Thomas Blankenship - 11/18/2007

Belay my last, the file uploaded after several attempts ... I just didn't update the message body.

Extract the files into a subdirectory of your choice and open the solution.  Please let me know if anything doesn't work correctly.

CT

By Ivan George Borges - 11/19/2007

Great job, CT.

I'm running it over here. I just need to create the table on my StrataFrameSample, will do it later. But so far, it looks like a brilliant project. Cool

By Fabian R Silva, - - 11/19/2007

at first look it appears to be a great work, I only unzipped and tested it fast to see it and when go to http://localhost:4116/Chapter7Map.aspx I see a great example, I not sure why on my explorer the map go outside the frame, I'll investigate it on the night Smile

thanks you so much for this example.

By Charles Thomas Blankenship - 11/19/2007

Thanks,

If you launch the application from within Visual Studio 2005 and hit play you'll see the default page from whence you can navigate through the whole example.

The map is not yet polished up, I simply got it to the point where it was displaying points from the RSS feed from Yahoo and then went to watch some football (American style).

Oh yea, don't forget to vote!

Thanks and don't forget, you can do a chapter or two yourself, simply pick something you want to learn, do it, then illustrate how to connect it to StrataFrame, then submit it.  If we all pitch in no other product on the web will have its functionality illustrated better then StrataFrame.

Later guys,

CT

Here is the script for the NetFlix table:

USE [StrataFrameSample]

GO

/****** Object: Table [dbo].[NetFlix] Script Date: 11/19/2007 09:46:54 ******/

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[NetFlix](

[nf_id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,

[nf_title] [nvarchar](50) NOT NULL,

[nf_link] [nvarchar](300) NOT NULL,

[nf_description] [nvarchar](4000) NOT NULL,

[nf_item_id] [int] NOT NULL,

[nf_download_date] [datetime] NOT NULL,

[nf_favorite] [bit] NOT NULL,

[nf_atag] [nvarchar](200) NOT NULL,

[nf_ratedby] [int] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_NetFlix_ng_ratedby] DEFAULT ((0)),

[nf_score] [float] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_NetFlix_nf_score] DEFAULT ((0)),

CONSTRAINT [PK_NetFlix] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED

(

[nf_id] ASC

)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]

) ON [PRIMARY]

USE [StrataFrameSample]

GO

/****** Object: Index [AK_NetFlix] Script Date: 11/19/2007 09:47:26 ******/

CREATE UNIQUE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [AK_NetFlix] ON [dbo].[NetFlix]

(

[nf_title] ASC

)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]

USE [StrataFrameSample]

GO

/****** Object: Index [PK_NetFlix] Script Date: 11/19/2007 09:47:41 ******/

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[NetFlix] ADD CONSTRAINT [PK_NetFlix] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED

(

[nf_id] ASC

)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]

By Fabian R Silva, - - 11/19/2007

Thanks for the script Smile I will try this and see If I can learn and write about something that can help others =)

I'll see if I can learn about Virtual earth + ajax + SF and try to do something with google map / yahoo map later Smile

pd: how do you have 12000+ visits! I not sure if someone have more, but I think that you win the prize to most visits to the forum Wow

New version, this is not a cumulative one so you must download the first one, install it, then download this one and extract the new files on top of the existing directories.

I didn't like the fact that the Chapter menu (Sidebar2) was duplicated, so I made a Web User Control and got rid of the duplication.

I also didn't like the layout, the menu and several GIFs were not properly aligned so I talked our graphics guy into modifying them so the pages look a bit more professional.

I also included the Script for the NetFlix table (to be added to the StrataFrameSamples) database.

Sorry for the inconvenience but this one looks much more professional as far as layout goes.

CT
By Fabian R Silva, - - 11/20/2007

Great thanks again Cool
By Charles Thomas Blankenship - 11/20/2007

Here is Chapter 4's description.

Enjoy,

CT